Sunday, August 30, 2015

Collaborative Circle Mural

For the first week back to school I went over my class rules and procedures with every grade, as usual. I also gave each student a small piece of paper with 1/4 of a circle drawn onto it with Sharpie. They were then given a pencil to design and decorate it any way they wished. I showed them two teacher examples. Kindergarten through 2nd grade used paint to fill it in and 3rd through 5th used oil pastels. I told them that they only had that day to complete it, since the paper was so small, and because we would be starting our first big art project next week. The parts were then put together to display a circle mural in the main hallway. I chose a few well-done and finished pieces from each class in every grade to make it a school wide collaboration piece. The result was super colorful and fun to look at!




1 comment: