Sunday, October 18, 2015

Art Club T-Shirts

This is my second year of teaching and my first time attempting to make Art Club t-shirts. I'm also embarrassed to say, this was the first time I tried tye-dye. Ever. I bought a kit from Michael's that had 4 different colors. I definitely kept adding water to the mixture to make the colors last for all the shirts I had to do...almost 30. Eeeks! Because it was such a messy ordeal and I didn't want to waste any of the precious colors, I pulled the kids aside in groups and had them choose 2-3 colors and let them watch the process. They were rinsed and hung to dry in my uncle's garage. The next week I made an EMY Art Club stencil from thick poster board. It was placed on each shirt and the kids took turns filling in the letters with black fabric paint. I was super proud of the results but boy was it time-consuming and a lot of work...haha. Seeing them rock these all year around school will do my heart good. I have two separate groups of students meeting on Tuesday and Thursday every week. Below is my Tuesday's group. Aren't they cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment