Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Art Club Color Wheel

I've dreamed of doing this for awhile now and to make it happen makes me so happy! I bought a huge piece of sturdy but thin board at a local art shop and sketched out a huge color wheel on the front. I then put my Art Club to work, mwuahahaha! I asked the school staff to donate any magazines they had laying around and added them to my already growing collection. The students went through them and cut out all the different color combinations they could find. We started with filling in the pure colors first (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet) and moved on to the blended colors afterwards. It gave them a better eye at naming colors and looking at pictures in a new light. Some colors were harder to find than others for sure. For example, we really lucked out at finding greenish-yellow but had to really hunt for reddish-purple and reddish-orange. I did most of the work modge-podging the cut pieces together in each section, and believe me, this took weeks. The border and back were painted black, since I didn't feel the brown made the colors pop. I'm thrilled to have this piece in my art room for students to gain inspiration. It's fun to look closer and see the objects and characters in each section :)


No comments:

Post a Comment